Where Do I Find the Title IX Coordinator?
Office: Student Services (RM 222)
Brian Alvarez, Title IX Coordinator
Phone: 1-800-922-7337 ext. #139
Office: Registrar (RM 229)
Amy Kotowski, Title IX Deputy
Phone: 1-800-922-7337 ext.#319
What Is the Title IX Coordinator’s Role?
- Ensure prompt & equitable resolution to complaints.
- Conduct investigations for charges of sexual assault, harassment and discrimination.
- Student outreach.
- Oversee central reporting process for federal & state compliance.
- Coordinate training, education & prevention.
- Campus collaboration.
When Should I Contact the Title IX Coordinator?
- To seek information or training about students’ rights and courses of action available to resolve reports or complaints that involve potential sexual misconduct, as well as claims of harassment and discrimination based upon race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
- File a complaint or make a report of sex discrimination, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking and/or sexual assault or to file a complaint of harassment or discrimination based upon any class protected by federal, state or local law.
- Notify the College of an incident or policy or procedure that may raise potential Title IX concerns.
- Get information about available resources (including CONFIDENTIAL resources) and support services relating to sex discrimination, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking and sexual assault.
- Ask questions about New York College of Health Professions’ policies and procedures related to harassment and discrimination, sexual discrimination, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking and/or sexual assault.
It’s on Us: Sexual Assult PSA